October 17, 7 PM EST
Criminally exciting! Tasha Alexander, Gigi Pandian, Marcie Rendon, & Erin E. Adams are talking mysteries!
Meet authors Tasha Alexander, Gigi Pandian, Marcie Rendon, and Erin E. Adams for an engrossing hour about their brand-new novels, their writing secrets, and how they keep us readers riveted. As a special treat, they’ll read from their books. Emcee is our very own Lisa Black.
Not only is the event FREE, you and three other attending readers can win a drawing for one of their exciting new novels. Wishing you the best of luck to be a winner:
Secrets of the Nile by Tasha Alexander
Under Lock and Skeleton Key by Gigi Pandian
Sinister Graves by Marcie Rendon
Jackal by Erin E. Adams
As always, our guests’ (or their characters’) favorite snacks with recipes are posted below. Feel culinary and adventurous? Dining and drinking will commence at the start of the show. Bring your favorite beverage!
Sign up soon! If you’re one of the first 100 in the Zoom room, you can personally debrief these best-selling authors. You can also catch them on Facebook Live, and interrogate via comments.
Come meet the Criminally Exciting!
Lisa Black is the New York Times bestselling author of 15 suspense novels, including works that have been translated into six languages, optioned for film, and shortlisted for the inaugural Sue Grafton Memorial Award. She is also a Latent Print Examiner and a certified Crime Scene Analyst, beginning her forensics career at the Coroner’s office in Cleveland Ohio and then the police department in Cape Coral, Florida. She has spoken to readers and writers at numerous conferences and will be a Guest of Honor at 2021 Killer Nashville.
TASHA’S FAVORITE ELDERFLOWER FRENCH CHAMPAGNE COCKTAIL
(Adapted from David Lebovitz’s Drinking French)
1.5 oz Sipsmith gin
.5 oz St. Germain (or Elderflower cordial)
.5 oz fresh squeezed lemon juice
3-4 oz champagne or other dry sparkling wine
Lemon twist for garnish
Add the gin, St. Germain, and lemon juice to a cocktail shaker. Fill with ice and shake until well chilled. Strain into a chilled champagne flute or coupe glass. Top with champagne. Garnish with lemon twist.
TEMPEST’S FAVORITE JAGGERY COFFEE
2 tsp instant coffee
2 tsp jaggery*
2 Tbsp water
1 cup milk (dairy or non-dairy, but not non-fat)
Whisk the first three ingredients together in a saucepan until well blended. Add milk and continue to whisk until warm and frothy. Enjoy!
*Jaggery is an unprocessed sugar, common in India, that you can find at Indian grocery stores or online. It’s a bit less sweet than other sugars.
CASH BLACKBEAR’S TUNA SANDWICH RECIPE
(Makes 2 sandwiches)
1 ½ – 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
½ teaspoon yellow mustard
1 tablespoon diced pickle
1 tablespoon diced onion
1 can of tuna
4 slices white bread
- Hard boil one egg and let cool.
- Separate the hard-boiled egg yolk from the egg white. Set the egg white aside and add the yolk to a bowl and mash until smooth.
- Add 1 ½ tablespoons of mayonnaise, the yellow mustard, and a splash of Worcestershire sauce to the yolk and mix until fully combined.
- Mix in 1 can of tuna until combined and smooth. If the mixture is not smooth enough or the tuna is not fully incorporating, add another ½ tablespoon of mayonnaise.
- Chop the hard-boiled egg white into small pieces and add to the mixture along with the pickles and onions.
- Spread the tuna mixture across one slice of bread for each sandwich and top with 1-2 leaves of lettuce and a second slice of bread to complete your sandwich.
- Serve immediately or slice your sandwich diagonally into two pieces and wrap in wax paper to enjoy later like Cash Blackbear would!
For a handy video of Marcie making this sandwich click HERE.
Talk Books with MARK GREANEY, JEFF AYERS & JON LAND, KEMPER DONOVAN and our own Rogue LISA BLACK!
JAMES GRIPPANDO, LISA MALICE, DUANE SWIERCZYNSKI & STEPHEN HUNTER start the New Year with New Books
Legendary authors Patricia Cornwell, Jeffery Deaver, Tess Gerritsen, Paige Shelton, and Tracy Clark
Riveting Suspense Authors JOHN CONNOLLY, RITU MUKERJI, BRETT BATTLES and ALEX KAVA talk books.
Talk Books with Karen Rose, Richard Armitage, Lisa Black and Sujata Massey
STEVE BERRY, ISABELLA MALDONADO, RICHARD NORTH PATTERSON AND KATE WHITE Talk Books!