How will we all celebrate Christmas this year while staying safe and praying for the best? We Rogues have some ideas to share with you: holiday recipes to enjoy along with a few gifts for family and friends.
For a lovely breakfast treat Jenny Milchman offers this recipe for her Raspberry Sour Cream Muffins:
- Preheat oven to 375 and line a 12 cup muffin tin
- In 1st bowl, combine zest of one orange and ¾ cup sugar, ½ cup melted butter, 1 cup sour cream, 2 beaten eggs
- In 2nd bowl, mix 1 ½ cups flour, 2 teaspoons baking powder, ½ teaspoon salt
- In 3rd bowl, dust 1 ½ cups raspberries with 2 teaspoons flour, reserve a few for the tops of the muffins
- Combine ingredients, fold in berries, fill muffin tin, top with reserved berries, sprinkle with sugar, bake 18-22 minutes….enjoy!
Liv also contributes a recipe for hors d’oevres, Pomegranate Pistachio Crostini:
- Preheat oven to 400
- Arrange 36 slices of French bread baguette on ungreased baking sheet, brush tops with butter, bake 4-6 minutes then cool
Mix and spread over the toasted bread:
- 1 tablespoon melted butter
- 4 ounces softened cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1 cup pomegranate seeds
- ½ cup finely chopped pistachios
- 2 ounces dark chocolate candy bar, grated.
And here is Carla’s suggestion of a simple topping to add to mashed or baked potatoes, melt atop baked salmon or spoon onto grilled burgers.
Simply mix together:
- 1 cup unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Chill for 2 hours to blend the flavors (and you can freeze it for a month)
Lisa Black contributes a quick treat you can make and give as a luscious gift, what she calls her Foolproof Fudge:
- Melt a 12 oz. bag of chocolate chips (semi sweet or milk chocolate) with
- A 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- Remove from heat, stir in 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Put in a wax-paper lined pan, cool completely before cutting.
Now, do you have a favorite holiday recipe or gift idea you would like to share? Please leave a comment and tell us. Thanks for visiting us here on Rogue Women Writers and a very Merry (and safe) Christmas to you!